Need to begin a viral Instagram contest?
Under are 11 Instagram contest concepts that can overwhelm you (and your enterprise) with leads & potential clients.
Bear in mind: 25 MILLION companies are on Instagram.
And so they’re all competing for the eye for the IG’s 1 BILLION month-to-month energetic customers.
Run an Instagram contest!
11 Instagram Contest Concepts for Companies of All Sizes (with Examples)
This put up has 11 Instagram content material concepts that can BOOST your enterprise…
Irrespective of how BIG or SMALL yours is!
Why ought to ALL companies run Instagram Contests?
Interactive content material has at all times been standard amongst folks.
Contests play on feelings.
Individuals LOVE the concept of getting into contests for an opportunity to WIN one thing useful.
In truth, gamification is among the only advertising and marketing methods that encourage folks to INTERACT with the enterprise.
Simply check out the numbers beneath:
In different phrases, holding Instagram contests assist companies of all sizes and niches obtain the next 3 enterprise objectives:
- Entice new social media followers: It is no secret that social media contests are extraordinarily standard amongst customers. They play on feelings that encourage folks to participate in your contest and so they give your members an opportunity to win one thing useful for taking easy actions. Because of this, a profitable Instagram contest helps to develop your following quick.
- Increase model consciousness: Social media customers who’re glad to take an element in these contests and win one thing without spending a dime. Since contests appeal to many members, they assist your organization stand in entrance of your keen audience that pays shut consideration to your model when collaborating in a giveaway.
- Improve engagement price: Virtually each Instagram contest encourages members to love, remark, and share the competition put up because the entry standards. It results in a better engagement price that additionally helps beat an Instagram algorithm AND, subsequently, make your content material extra seen to different potential clients.
Would not or not it’s nice in case your Instagram contest might give your enterprise greater than entries?
With a wide range of artistic contest concepts, you’ll find the proper resolution for your enterprise.
Listed here are 11 wonderful Instagram contest concepts for companies of all sizes:
1. Maintain a tag-to-win contest
Right here comes the reality:
Individuals do not wish to make investments a lot time or effort to take an element in your Instagram contest.
(Irrespective of how good your prizes are!)
Thus, it is a good suggestion to make your participation necessities easy and simple.
Holding a tag-to-win contest is whenever you ask members to tag a buddy within the feedback part because the entry standards.
It would not require a lot time or effort, so this contest attracts A LOT of members.
A tag-to-win contest can also be a good way to enhance natural attain.
When somebody tags a buddy in your Instagram contest, the particular person will get a notification that encourages them to take a look at your put up and profile.
Here is how Polerstuff makes use of this contest concept for its enterprise profile progress:
2. Rejoice an Instagram milestone with a contest
You objective might be to develop your enterprise with the assistance of Instagram.
So to create an emotional connection along with your followers, it is a good suggestion for companies to rejoice particular milestones on Instagram.
(Even in case you’re small.)
Have you ever ever heard in regards to the sense of belonging?
Psychologists have proved that individuals have a human emotional must be part of a bunch or group.
So whenever you congratulate your following on being part of an Instagram milestone you:
- Present them with a way of belonging.
- And also you give your loyal followers a stable purpose to participate in your contest and win prizes.
Here is how Made.com made a giveaway in honor of its milestone of 1 million followers:
3. Ask members to create fan-made content material for you
Are you aware in regards to the energy of user-generated content material?
The demand for fan-made content material is on the rise.
Based on the State of UGC 2021 report:
- 93% of entrepreneurs say that individuals belief user-generated content material MORE than branded content material.
- Nearly 60% of entrepreneurs agree that authenticity and high quality of content material are equally necessary.
- Round 33% of entrepreneurs declare that creating sufficient content material is one among their TOP challenges.
With the proper entry standards, it is easy to encourage extra folks to take images or movies of themselves.
It helps companies get extra user-generated content material to publish on their Instagram accounts.
Take a look at an instance of this technique in motion:
4. Generate leads along with your contest
The method of changing Instagram followers into paying clients can take TONS of time.
It is necessary for companies to extend their potential shoppers’ curiosity in your product with efficient lead technology methods.
With an Instagram contest, you may generate MORE leads for your enterprise.
Hooked members usually tend to turn into your leads in change for an opportunity to win one thing useful.
Here is an incredible concept on methods to arrange a lead technology Instagram contest:
Ask your members to join your e-mail e-newsletter, similar to within the instance beneath:
Notice: If you happen to use a lead administration system for your enterprise, it is simpler to investigate leads. Due to this fact, you may observe the efficiency of every of your IG contests!
5. Invite members to write down captions for you
Would not or not it’s nice in case your Instagram contest might appeal to the PERFECT viewers of potential clients?
Make your participation necessities extra difficult to do away with members who merely wish to get a prize. #bye
A very good Instagram contest concept that can appeal to the proper viewers to your profile is the “Instagram caption” giveaway.
That is the place corporations share a picture and ask their following to provide you with a artistic description for it.
You invite members to point out off their creativity AND you get an opportunity to construct relationships along with your viewers as a result of folks really feel extra concerned.
Take a look at an instance of this contest:
Need to improve the put up’s attain?
Inform your members that an individual who will get extra likes for his or her caption will likely be a winner.
This technique can encourage your members to share your put up with their family and friends.
6. Dedicate your contest to a brand new product launch
Having a wide range of merchandise is at all times a good suggestion.
If you launch a brand new product, you assist your enterprise purchase extra clients and retain current ones who search out new artistic options.
Nonetheless, providing new merchandise will not aid you get new clients until you know the way to create a buzz.
Let’s check out how FarmacyBeauty created their buzz.
With a teaser video, the corporate takes followers behind the scenes to inform them extra a couple of new product. In addition they invite members to guess the brand new product.
The very best factor about this contest concept is that members provided new product concepts, like launching new masks or cleansers.
To not point out, this contest concept is effective for companies because it helps you UNDERSTAND your clients’ wants.
7. Problem your following
In the previous couple of years, the recognition of social media challenges has grown quickly.
Customers LOVE to resolve challenges.
They get to:
- Be part of one thing necessary
- Take a look at out their strengths and weaknesses
- Get in contact with like-minded folks
Because of this, organizing a problem contest is a good way to go viral on-line.
You may appeal to extra members with out investing a lot finances into promotion!
Here is an instance of this concept in motion:
Professional tip: When selecting the hero picture in your contest, it is necessary to recollect about on-line picture copyrights. It is higher to create distinctive pictures that showcase your merchandise and supply members with extra data, similar to within the instance above.
If you do not have an in-house internet designer, you need to use a graphic design instrument like InstaSize (iOS) that helps folks make gorgeous visuals on the go.
8. Co-sponsor an Instagram contest
There isn’t any must JUST arrange an Instagram contest in your profile.
Have a small following on Instagram?
Merely wish to attain a wider viewers along with your contest?
You may co-sponsor an Instagram giveaway to supply BRANDED freebies or prizes.
For instance, aspiring Instagram influencers who wish to get extra followers, typically arrange Instagram contests.
Nonetheless, these influencers could wish to collaborate with manufacturers that may present them with prizes.
For companies, this implies a possibility to advertise your model in entrance of potential clients.
The very best half?
You will not need to put a lot effort and time into operating your individual Instagram contest.
Here is what it may appear like:
9. Collaborate with one other enterprise in your area of interest
Virtually each enterprise goals at growing gross sales.
To create a cohesive gross sales funnel for your enterprise, it is necessary to enhance model consciousness.
A simple resolution?
Working with different companies in your area of interest!
It is among the finest methods to achieve NEW potential clients.
On the subject of operating an Instagram contest, you may crew up with one other enterprise to:
- Provide extra useful prizes,
- Co-promote your giveaway
- Attain a wider viewers.
Fabletics, as an example, typically works with companions to carry their contests to the subsequent degree:
10. Gather buyer suggestions along with your contest
Clients are the lifeblood of each enterprise.
If you already know your clients’ wants, you may create a services or products that SOLVES their issues.
This may improve buyer acquisition and retention.
It is no secret that buyer suggestions helps to grasp your clients.
Thus, companies of all sizes ought to acquire it!
For instance, some corporations practice their customer support reps to ask extra questions on their expertise with the model.
Ask your followers to fill out a buyer satisfaction survey to enter a contest that enables your members to win one thing.
Zapcopy reveals an instance of this concept in motion:
11. Create a seasonal vacation contest
The festive season is simply across the nook.
If you happen to’re searching for efficient vacation social media put up concepts, take into consideration creating a vacation contest.
Not solely are you able to make your Instagram feed extra artistic, however you may also create an emotional bond along with your followers.
The vacation season is all about giving, so your contest can reward your followers for his or her loyalty.
Take a look at how Rogers did it:
Holding a vacation season may also help your enterprise develop as you may promote your seasonal merchandise or present playing cards to spice up vacation gross sales.
Methods to run a profitable Instagram contest that results in enterprise progress
Listed here are a number of steps to take when planning and operating a profitable Instagram contest for your enterprise progress:
- Take into consideration the first objective of your contest: Each efficient Instagram contest ought to have a objective, whether or not you wish to appeal to extra followers, improve engagement, or generate leads.
- Plan participation necessities: Instagram customers who’re eager about being your contest members ought to perceive what actions they need to take to enter your contest.
- Use a branded hashtag: Having a devoted hashtag in your contest is a good way to unfold the phrase about your giveaway and make it simpler to search out all members on the platform. To get extra concepts on branded hashtags, think about using an Instagram hashtag generator.
- Select the proper prizes in your audience: It is no secret that almost all contest members are eager about your prizes, not your enterprise. To make your contest efficient for your enterprise, it is necessary to draw the proper viewers, so your prizes ought to replicate your enterprise objectives and clients’ wants. For instance, it is a good suggestion to present away branded freebies to present your winners an opportunity to check your merchandise.
- Create an attention-grabbing visible in your contest: With a large number of Instagram posts folks publish on daily basis, it is necessary to hook the eye of your audience. Since most individuals are visible learners, having a shocking picture in your contest is a good way to spark curiosity in your giveaway.
- Make up phrases and circumstances: Trendy individuals are involved about their on-line privateness, so it is necessary to make up phrases and circumstances that each shield your members and enterprise from violations.
- Promote your Instagram contest: The extra members your contest has, the higher. Thus, corporations ought to promote contests with the assistance of assorted methods like push promoting, e-mail newsletters, or influencer endorsements.
In a phrase…
Gamification has turn into an efficient advertising and marketing technique.
Have you ever participated in an Instagram contest earlier than? Inform us about what made you wish to give it a strive within the feedback beneath!