It was so thrilling to be again on stage at Xerocon London this morning for the primary time in practically three years. I’ve actually missed the chance to attach in particular person with our wonderful accounting, bookkeeping and app accomplice communities — particularly on such a big scale.
I used to be additionally actually enthusiastic about one of many causes I used to be on stage — to unveil the early launch of Xero Go, a brand new cellular app we’ve developed to assist ease the burden of economic admin for sole merchants within the UK.
Together with serving to sole merchants streamline the handbook, time-consuming components of on-line accounting whereas being self-employed, Xero Go will empower them with the instruments they should meet digital report conserving necessities as a part of the upcoming overhaul of the UK tax system: Making Tax Digital for Earnings Tax Self Evaluation (MTD for ITSA).
In the meantime, accountants and bookkeepers servicing sole merchants can meet elevated reporting necessities effectively, because of the digitisation of expense information and earnings information supplied by Xero Go. This implies much less time spent manually inputting expense information and chasing up shoppers for lacking monetary info.
Our groups have been working exhausting behind the scenes on Xero Go for a while now, and it’s nice to launch the early launch within the UK with extra options coming quickly. The cellular app, which is complemented by an advisor-facing Xero Go accomplice plan, is now out there for UK subscribers to obtain on iOS (Android coming quickly).
Giving sole merchants the instruments they want at their fingertips
At Xero, we imagine companies of all sizes ought to have entry to accounting know-how, and that’s actually been the driving drive behind Xero Go. With round 2.6 million sole merchants within the UK navigating self-employment, managing funds must be straightforward and accessible. Xero Go subscribers have all of the instruments they want at their fingertips.
- Bills: Sole merchants can report bills wherever, any time, utilizing the Quickscan characteristic, powered by machine studying. Quickscan extracts expense info from receipts, imports them into Xero Go and auto-suggests tax classes to save lots of you time when tax coding
- Invoices: Customers can create, ship and observe customised invoices on the go. They’ll arrange auto-reminders for late funds, and even add a Stripe ‘pay now’ button to receives a commission quicker utilizing Apple or Google Pay
- Dashboard: Sole merchants can maintain a finger on the heartbeat of their funds in a single place. See unpaid or overdue invoices, observe who has and hasn’t paid, view revenue and loss by month, and achieve insights corresponding to high bills for the month
Navigating MTD for ITSA
It may be troublesome for sole merchants to remain on high of complicated accounting and regulatory adjustments whereas they’re busy working a enterprise — particularly with the introduction of elevated reporting necessities that may include MTD for ITSA from April 2024.
Self-employed people and landlords incomes greater than £10,000 every year can be required to:
- maintain digital information of their earnings and bills
- ship quarterly abstract updates to HMRC, through MTD-compliant software program
- Ship an Finish of Interval Assertion and Ultimate Declaration, through MTD-compliant software program
Xero Go will give sole merchants who’re impacted by this laws one straightforward software to report bills and handle earnings digitally, whereas on the go. This implies information could be digitally saved all year long and can be found in a single place, decreasing the necessity so that you can chase up lacking info at tax time.
A complete accomplice plan
The Xero Go accomplice plan is a separate product that has been particularly designed for accountants and bookkeepers. All monetary information from Xero Go feeds into the Xero Go accomplice plan.
This provides you every little thing it’s essential to service your self-employed prospects and ensure the books are updated all year long and at tax time. It’s about serving to your shoppers keep compliant and providing you with extra time again in your day, so you may present extra high-value companies to your shoppers.
Strive Xero Go now when you’re within the UK
Xero Go is now out there for UK subscribers on iOS. The app is free to obtain with a paid add-on invoicing characteristic, which incorporates the flexibility so as to add Stripe funds to invoices. An Android app and extra performance can be added within the coming months.
We will’t look forward to you and your sole dealer shoppers to strive it out and begin experiencing the advantages of an easy-to use, correct accounting software on the go. Keep tuned for some extra thrilling bulletins at Xerocon London, and when you’re at Xerocon — see you on the ground!