Are you lastly giving TikTok a shot? When you’re new to the app, there are a number of errors you’ll need to keep away from in any respect prices.
Whereas some can apply to any social media platform, most are particular to TikTok and its viewers.
1. You’re not becoming a member of developments.
After I consider TikTok, trending sounds and challenges instantly come to thoughts. That’s what the platform’s recognized for, in any case.
In truth, many see TikTok because the enjoyable, unfiltered, uninhibited pal to the extra uptight, polished Instagram.
With this in thoughts, succeeding on the platform does imply utilizing particular results, dubbing trending sounds, including fashionable music, and collaborating in challenges and dances.
In fact, it’s important that you just set model guardrails to make sure you don’t take part in something which will damage your credibility. As well as, not each pattern will align along with your messaging or model values – in that case, skip it.
There’s one other pattern coming proper across the nook.
2. You’re not watching TikTok movies.
How will you thrive in an setting you don’t perceive? The TikTok area has a really particular vitality to it and to step into it, you must take time ingesting first.
When you get a way of what’s profitable on the platform, you can begin enjoying round with your individual content material – experimenting with subjects and types to see what your target market responds to.
Nonetheless, the work doesn’t cease there. You need to all the time be scrolling on TikTok so long as you’re on the platform. It’s the way you:
- Get inspiration for future movies.
- Uncover developments.
- Acquire insights from rivals.
3. You’re not attending to the purpose.
There’s nothing worse than watching a video, ready for the hook, and it by no means comes.
On TikTok, your video can solely be as much as three minutes. Nonetheless, you solely have a number of seconds to persuade viewers to cease scrolling and watch your content material.
Listed below are a number of methods to maximise your video:
- Begin speaking instantly – The primary few seconds are key, don’t allow them to go by with none sound or motion occurring.
- Have an attractive caption – This may give viewers a transparent understanding of what your video’s about and what they’ll acquire from watching it.
- Use a trending sound – If a sound goes viral, you gained’t should work as arduous to take care of your viewers’s consideration. They already know what to anticipate and are anticipating what your distinctive take is.
4. You’re importing panorama movies.
Much like Instagram, TikTok is a vertical-first app.
Because of this to point out up appropriately, movies needs to be 1080 by 1920 pixels. In case your video is panorama, its measurement can be diminished and bordered with thick, black strains that aren’t aesthetically pleasing.
This not solely hurts the standard of your video but in addition how viewers understand it.
5. You’re ignoring your remark part.
Social media is all about constructing a group. That’s no completely different on TikTok.
Your remark part is presently one of many solely methods to have interaction your viewers, because the platform nonetheless presents restricted community-building options.
Because of this, your remark part is the place your viewers will possible ask questions, share their ideas in your movies, and tag their mates. Take that chance to attach with them, begin conversations, and encourage them to take the specified motion.
6. You’re utilizing a enterprise account.
If this had been every other social platform, not having a enterprise account can be an enormous mistake. On TikTok, there are literally some downsides to having a enterprise account – particularly for small companies.
The primary one is that you could be not have entry to trending music and sounds, which is a vital part of accelerating your model attain.
Whereas the enterprise account does supply information insights, the shortcoming to make use of trending sounds is a significant roadblock towards success on the platform.
Because of this, small companies ought to give attention to constructing and testing on a private account earlier than transitioning to a enterprise account.
7. Your content material is inaccessible.
In 2019, a Verizon research discovered that almost all cellular viewers watch movies with out sound. With out captions, your movies are lacking a key a part of the story.
Nonetheless, an important purpose to have content material is to make it accessible to all customers, together with those that are deaf or arduous of listening to.
Inserting captions is a straightforward however efficient approach to make sure you not solely improve viewership but in addition guarantee inclusivity.
8. You’re overselling and undersharing.
This can be a symptom of taking your self too critically on a notoriously unserious platform. Or quite of not understanding the platform you’re on.
Whatever the core purpose, posting sale-heavy content material is unlikely to attract in your viewers on TikTok. This viewers is thought for wanting relatable content material that appeals to them and their day by day life.
Whereas the occasional promotion is certainly welcome, making it the core of your content material just isn’t the very best technique. As a substitute, pivot to creating content material that highlights the approach to life of your goal consumer.
Be impressed by their challenges, ache factors, and interactions. Then use that to feed your creativity. You’ll discover that your content material can be extra aligned along with your viewers and can possible carry out higher.
9. You’re posting sporadically.
If you wish to construct momentum on any social platform, you need to observe a constant publishing schedule.
That is key for a number of causes:
- When viewers land in your profile, they’ll discover your content material and have a transparent concept of what your model is about.
- The extra you put up, the extra insights you may acquire out of your viewers.
- A daily publishing schedule can construct a robust follower base, as they know what to anticipate from you and the kind of content material you’ll share.